Monday, February 25, 2008

One with the Birds

There are pelicans here! I can see them from my balcony! Funny guys.
My roomie and I went out for breakfast yesterday morning (French Toast with sugar and cinnamon and strawberries and syrup and a Grande Orange Juice. Yummers!!!!), then to Gay Beach for an afternoon of sunning, swimming and a lil' bit of sleeping. Very nice!
School is going really well. I really enjoy both my TEFL course and my Spanish class. It feels good to be learning useful things, both with teaching and language. I'm busy, what with the split schedule and all, but I'm pretty happy.
The only thing that is making me unhappy right now is that my former place of work, Suspect Video and Culture in Toronto, Canada, burned down last week!!! It was the Queen Street location, where I worked on and off for over 5 years! It was the first job I had that I ever REALLY liked and looked forward to going to. I'm really sad the building is gone and that my friends are now suddenly jobless. I know everything will work out, though, and that they have plans in the works for the future. I miss those guys!
I'm about to practice my ukulele, for the second time in over 3 months. When I first got my lil' uke, I was playing it all the time, serenading friends whenever they came over, whether they wished it or not! But, once I moved I got all busy and, some would say, lazy about uking it up. However, I just read a post on my friend's blog about how he bought a sweet lil' uke this past week and he's loving it, and it's totally inspired me to get back on the uke horse! Plus, I have a band I need to be practicing for, my band partner's playing her guitar all the time and I'm getting way behind with my own playing.
So, yeah, gotta go. The uke calls to me.

No comments: